Additional Jet Fuel Storage Tank
Between 1993 and 2000, passenger traffic at the Calgary International Airport grew by approximately seventy per cent. The rapid growth in aircraft movements facilitated the need to construct a jet fuel storage facility consisting of three 4.5 million litre tanks.
To keep pace with growing demand, an additional $3 million project was undertaken by the Calgary Fuel Facilities Corporation to construct a fourth tank to increase on-airport fuel reserves.
Scope of Services
FSM Group provided the following services during the construction of the fourth tank:
- governmental permitting applications
- management of detailed engineering design
- management of project scope
- financial and accounting management
- management of project schedule and cost
- coordination of contractors and consultants
- field supervision and construction management
- commissioning and start-up