Jet Fuel Rail Offloading,
Storage and Distribution Facility
For the past several years, the Toronto Pearson International Airport has experienced continued airport growth and shortages of jet fuel supply from existing delivery methods, resulting in a need to develop new delivery infrastructure outside of the airport’s boundaries.
This multi-million project included the construction of a rail offloading terminal and a new storage tank system complete with delivery pipeline to the airport.
The system accommodates the delivery of aviation fuel by railcar directly into a storage and delivery system dedicated to supplying the airport with upwards of 60 per cent of its jet fuel needs for the foreseeable future.
Scope of Services
- land acquisition and numerous legal agreements
- governmental and municipal permitting applications
- site development optimization and future expansion capability
- management of detailed engineering design
- governmental impact assessments
- archaeological study and investigation
- management of project scope
- financial and accounting management
- management of project schedule and cost
- coordination of contractors and consultants
- field supervision and construction management
- safety equipment and process testing and verification
- SCADA system development and testing
- plant commissioning and start-up