Jet Fuel Hydrant System Expansion
Over a period of several years, the Greater Toronto Airports Authority undertook an extensive Passenger Terminal Development Program to meet traffic demand forecasts and required facility infrastructure and capacity requirements beyond 2030. Work at the Toronto Pearson International Airport included the demolition of Terminal 2 and the construction of new piers and aircraft bridges at Terminal 1.
In order to accommodate this expansion program and ensure safe, efficient refuelling is provided to new aircraft gates, the existing underground jet fuel hydrant system required a $57 million modification and expansion, including the closure of a significant portion of the existing piping system and the construction of new underground piping networks and hydrant fuelling pits.
Scope of Services
FSM Group managed the planning, design and construction activities related to the expansion of the jet fuel hydrant system at Terminal 1.
Services provided by FSM Group included:
- Preliminary feasibility studies
- Airport facility alteration permits
- Management of detailed engineering design
- Financial and accounting management
- Management of project scope, schedule and cost
- Coordination of contractors and consultants
- Operational shut-downs
- Field supervision and construction management
- Commissioning and start-up