The Halifax International Airport Authority undertook an expansion and refurbishment of facilities at the Halifax Stanfield International Airport to ensure it had sufficient capacity to accommodate future demand in aircraft movements beyond 2030.
The project included the construction of a new passenger terminal pier at the south end of the airport, the refurbishment of the existing passenger terminal at the north end, and a $2.7 million expansion and modification of the underground jet fuel hydrant system to accommodate new aircraft gate positions.
Scope of Services
FSM Group provided the following services during the expansion and modification of the jet fuel hydrant system:
- Airport facility alteration permits
- Management of detailed engineering design
- Management of project scope, schedule and cost
- Financial and accounting management
- Coordination of contractors and consultants
- Operational shut-downs
- Field supervision and construction management
- Commissioning and start-up